Legal Disclaimer:
PRBlast provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above. Read more

Nature and Landscape Photography in the USA – One Young Woman’s View of the United States behind the Lens

The United States is full of natural majesties – from the snowy peaks of Appalachia, to rolling plains in the Midwest; from the fertile soil in the Nation’s Heartland, to the arid deserts of Nevada. The United States is full of diversity, ready to be documented.

Marissa Turner would know – she is the photographer behind “Nature and Landscape Photography in the USA”, a Kickstarter campaign to back a photobook taking its viewers across the country, to allow others to see the world as Marissa sees it.

A bright young photographer, Turner hails from Rosamond, California.She started her journey in the summer of 2014, when she made the decision to take a trip through the Midwest and west coast and capture the world around her. The journey would end up being divided into two parts: the first part taking her through Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Indiana and Illinois, and the second through California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

“Turner credits her love of travelling as her inspiration behind the adventure.

Through these trips, I really discovered who I was as a photographer. I got to see amazing landscapes and nature in ways that I have never seen before. I tried to challenge myself in ways that I had not been able to do before. Every spot I stopped at became an opportunity to capture a moment with my camera. I was able to have a chance to put my two passions together: photography and travel.”

As well as nature, Turner also began to document the very human aspects of her journey, from rest areas and gas stations to buildings and the human condition. Most importantly, she wanted to explore the relationship between man and nature, and to express that in her photographs.

“This trip was a very personal experience for me, an opportunity for growth, and an adventure I want to share with the world. This was a moment for me to further my education in ways that I would not be able to do just by standing still. Opportunity did not knock at my door – I tore opportunity’s door down.

You can find Turner’s Kickstarter page at http://bit.ly/us-photography.

Turner has a personal website at www.MarissaTurnerPhotography.com.

Post a Comment

[disqus][facebook][blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget